This week’s art is all about following directions. Students will be asked to replicate the basic shape and size of the Koi. They then will have free reign on colors and shading.
- Watercolor paper
- Oil pastels
- Watercolor paints
- Please have the students do each direction together.
- Draw two large tear shapes LIGHTLY in pencil.
- Add semi circles for eyes at the larger end of the tear shape.
- Add tail fins.
- Add side fins.
- Add the top fin.
- Add two curvy lines for seaweed.
- Add leaves to the seaweed.
- Add bubbles with white oil pastel or crayon.
- Color in the Koi, adding a top fin and dots. The dots can be various colors or orange, red, and white.
- Color in the white part of the Koi’s eye and add a black iris.
- After all of the coloring is finished, students will paint the remainder of the page with blue watercolor paint.