- White Paper
- Black Paper (2 sheets)
- White chalk
- Tape one piece of black paper to the wall at the height of the student’s head as they are sitting.
- Pair students.
- Darken the room.
- One student will sit in a chair that is against a wall.
- The other student will trace that student’s profile.
- Switch so each student has an opportunity to sit and draw.
- Ask the students to carefully cut out their profile.
- Glue the profiles on the white paper.
- Use the second sheet of black paper to create a frame for their silhouette.