- Corn husk
- Take four husks and place them on top of each other so the tops are equal.
- Using a piece of string, tie the husks together about an inch from the top.
- Trim around the top edges to make them even.
- Turn the husks upside down, pulling the long ends of the husks down over the trimmed edges.
- Tie with string to form the head.
- Take another husk, flatten it and roll it into a cylinder.
- Tie each end with string to form the doll’s arms.
- Place the arms inside the long husks, belfow the neck.
- Tie a string to form the waist.
- Drape husks over the arms and upper body to form shoulders.
- Take four or five husks, straighten the edges and arrange around the waist to form a skirt.
- Tie on the skirt.
- For a boy doll, use the arm technique to make two legs. Tie the husks to the legs.