Week 19 Card 1 1860 South Carolina Secedes from the Union
- Abraham Lincoln lost the popular vote but won the presidency through the Electoral College
- Many in the South were enraged by this and were concerned that Lincoln would abolish slavery.
- The Secession Movement gained momentum after Lincoln was elected.
- The South slowly built up arms by taking cannon, guns, and ammo that were stored by the Union throughout the South.
- The North
- On December 20, 1860 South Carolina seceded from the Union
Week 19 Card 2 1861 US Civil War Begins
This is a must-watch video. I highly recommend it.
Week 19 Card 3 George Mueller