Students will create a cartoon of themselves this week and their friends will write kind messages about them on the back of their drawings. Our hope is that students will keep these mementos and reflect back on how loved they are.
- Construction paper
- Card stock paper
- As students are working, please go around the room and tell each student a few things that you remember that they did this year at Eden Hope. Please use this time to remind them of how special and wonderfully created they are.
- Next, as the students are still working, ask each student to say something they like about each of the other students. Be sure to stop the giggles and off remarks and focus on kindness. If giggles or “I don’t know’s” start redirect the conversation by saying “I love that you are…. and I remember this person doing this for you, would you like to mention that…”
- Students will draw as large of a picture of themselves as possible on their paper. They may use two sheets if they would like.
- They will color their drawing.
- They will cut out their drawing.
- Next, with the help of the teacher and an assistant, help the students to pass around the figures and write notes on the back.